Rockford Intertrade Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and all personal data is collected and handled according to GDPR. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Rockford Intertrade Limited may send you information and offers for products, services and training opportunities. All individuals are provided with the opportunity to opt out of receiving information from us or having their details passed on to other organisations at any stage.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security.
We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies.
Using Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States,) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller company responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Brixies UK.